As of January 2021, over 79 million people worldwide are vegan. This means that they do not consume meat, and their diets are mostly focused on plants such as fruits, grains, and vegetables.
There are plenty of quick, simple recipes that you can do on a solar-powered oven or ordinary ones at home. The biggest concern of many people interested in going vegan is that they might find it difficult to find or cook delicious plant-based dishes. Find our top three vegan recipes for beginners below:
Plant-based Recipes for Beginners
Here are some delicious but easy to make recipes that you might want to consider:
Veggie Spring Rolls
Are you a fan of Vietnamese cuisine? If yes, then this recipe would satisfy your cravings without you feeling guilty afterward.
- 1 peeled beet
- 1 peeled medium-size radish
- 8 pieces of rice paper wrappers
- 1 thinly sliced firm-ripe avocado
- 2 finely chopped red cabbage
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Store-bought peanut sauce
- Thinly slice the radish and beet.
- Soak the wrappers in hot water one at a time until it softens out. Remove the excess water by letting it drip.
- Arrange all the other ingredients and roll them securely.
- Serve with the peanut dipping sauce and enjoy.
Black Bean Quinoa Bowl
Here’s a filling but super flavorful plant-based dish that the whole family will enjoy.
- ¾ cup of rinsed canned black beans
- ⅔ cup of cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup of hummus
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ diced medium-size avocado
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tbsp pico de gallo
- Mixe the quinoa and beans in one bowl
- Add in the lime juice and hummus in a separate bowl. You can adjust the consistency according to your preference by adding water.
- Drizzle the lime and hummus mixture over the quinoa and beans.
- Put the avocado, cilantro, and pico de gallo as toppings.
- Serve and enjoy.
Vegan Zucchini Bread
If you do not want to look at a bowl full of vegetables and greens, then make this Vegan Zucchini bread instead.
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of canola oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 cups of white whole-wheat flour
- ½ sp salt
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 350 F and coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with oil.
- Like making the vegan monkey bread, combine the flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set it aside for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk the flaxseed mixture together with the vanilla, oil, sugar, and almond milk.
- Using a kitchen towel, squeeze the zucchini until you remove ⅓ cup of liquid.
- Add the zucchini to the flaxseed mixture and combine the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and flour.
- Stir all the ingredients until well incorporated, then transfer the batter to the pan prepared earlier.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it rest to cool for an hour, then slice and serve.
Making a plant-based meal is easier than you think. On top of that, not only will it make your diet much healthier when you incorporate them. But, you will also be saving a lot of money by cutting away from delivering food and eating out.