This 20-minute workout only needs a treadmill or space enough to run and lift dumbbells. It consists of running that is paired with lunges, dumbbells clean and jerks, and burpees.
Before doing the routine, make sure you consult a fitness coach about taking this routine based on weight recommendations and scaling options.
Begin by setting the timer to 20 minutes and complete 200 runs, 48 lunges, 12 burpees, and 24 dumbbells clean and jerks, followed by a few minutes of rest until 5 minutes. Repeat the entire routine, including rest time, three more times until 20 minutes is complete.
For warm-ups, you can do the following:
- 30-second jumping jacks
- 30-second high-knees running in place
- 30-second jogs
- 10 bodyweight squats
- 10 reverse lunges and overhead stretch
- 10 big backward arm-circling
- 5 burpees
- 5 dog stretches (downward-to-upward)
- The recommended dumbbell weight is 50 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
- Faster reps mean more time to rest, but don’t rush the steps or do an all-out sprint.
- Maintain at least 30 seconds of rest between every 5-minute routine rounds.